» » Flexgate is real, and Apple should acknowledge it

<em>The Flexgate issue causes the display’s backlight to misbehave, dimming at regular intervals at the bottom of the screen.</em>

I have a late-2016 MacBook Pro, and, like many people with that generation of laptop, I recently fell victim to the Flexgate display problem. Flexgate refers to a design flaw in the ribbon cable connecting the body of the laptop to the display: that cable is supposed to flex with the opening and closing of the computer, but it’s wearing down too quickly with conventional use. Uncovered by an iFixit report and named by one of the site’s users, this problem is dramatically compounded by the fact that the cable in question is affixed to the display — so the only means of repairing a fault with the cable is the total replacement of the display. Which isn’t cheap.

Owning a Mac has always been an expensive business. I couldn’t afford to even...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts https://ift.tt/2uoa23P

About Hanzala Shah

Hi there! I am Hanzala and I am a true enthusiast in the areas of Blogging, Money Earnibg ,web design and Programing. In my personal life I spend time on programing, Studying, and exploring something new
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Leave a Reply